Because of an error in a TurboTax calculation, you may have overstated your Illinois Invest in Kids tax Credit leading to an underpayment of Illinois income tax.
We fixed the issue in TurboTax and we want to make sure you have the information to amend your Illinois tax return and pay any additional tax due. We continuously strive to provide correct and accurate calculations in our TurboTax products. Sometimes that effort results in our finding errors after returns have been filed.
We suggest you amend your 2018 Illinois tax return to correct the Invest in Kids Tax Credit and pay any additional tax due. You can amend your return yourself by following the step-by-step instructions for your version:
We’re here to help if you have questions or need assistance. Call us at 1-866-278-9691 (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time) to reach a tax expert who's prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the expert you're calling about: 2018 Illinois Invest in Kids Credit.
Remember to save a copy of the amended returns for your records. After the changes are made to your tax returns, print, sign, and mail the amended returns to the address located on the TurboTax Filing Instructions.
- Why doesn't the foreign tax credit show up on Schedule 3, Line 48 of my 1040?
- What is the Additional Child Tax Credit?
- Where do I enter the foreign tax credit (Form 1116) or deduction for 2019?
- Can the Foreign Tax Credit be carried over or carried back?
- What does "tax liability" mean? Is that the amount I still owe?