TurboTax log files can help us figure out why errors occur when running TurboTax for Mac. Sending us your logs enables us to help you more quickly.
- Open the Go menu on your Finder, choose Go to Folder.
- Enter ~/Library and select Go.
- Locate the Logs folder and open it.
Your TurboTax logs will be listed in the following formats:
- Com.intuit.turbotax.20XX.yyyy-mm-dd (where XX is the last two digits of the TurboTax product year)
- TTD_yyyy-mm-dd-xx-xx-xx.0.log (where xx is an additional time stamp beyond the year-month-day format)
Create a new compressed folder on your desktop and copy all files in the date range of the issue experienced. Paste them into the folder and attach the compressed folder to your email response.
- From your desktop Go menu, select Utilities.
- Open the Console application.
- Select Clear Display in the main Console window.
- Open TurboTax and reproduce the actions that caused the problem to occur.
- Press Shift + Click to select all TurboTax-related entries in the Console (or select them all).
- From the Console File menu, choose Save Selection As, then save it to your desktop and name the file as TurboTax Logs or similar.
- Attach the collected logs to your email to us. Once you’ve done that, quit the Console and TurboTax applications.