• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dana-sonnenschei

Your online program doesn't know I've filed with Turbotax for the last two years and won't let me import the files from my computer.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF

Your online program doesn't know I've filed with Turbotax for the last two years and won't let me import the files from my computer.

In order to import prior year files into TurboTax Online, the following things must be true:

• You must have created the returns using the Online edition, and
  • You must log into the software using the same login that you used when you created the return.

TurboTax will only import the previous year's data.

If you used the Desktop edition of TurboTax to create the 2015 return, only the Desktop 2016 software will be able to import the file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF

In order to import prior year files into TurboTax Online, the following things must be true:

• You must have created the returns using the Online edition, and
  • You must log into the software using the same login that you used when you created the return.

TurboTax will only import the previous year's data.

If you used the Desktop edition of TurboTax to create the 2015 return, only the Desktop 2016 software will be able to import the file.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v