turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my refund be delayed if I never changed my DL after I got married? My social security number is up to date and has been changed but my DL has not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Will my refund be delayed if I never changed my DL after I got married? My social security number is up to date and has been changed but my DL has not.

Your federal refund will not be affected, since the DL number is not required to file your federal return.

Your state refund may be affected, as states require DL as part of their ID requirements. It depends upon the state and their particular rules. If you were not expecting a state refund, don't worry.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Your federal refund will not be affected, since the DL number is not required to file your federal return.

Your state refund may be affected, as states require DL as part of their ID requirements. It depends upon the state and their particular rules. If you were not expecting a state refund, don't worry.

Thank you @TurboTaxMiriam I am in Florida so there is no state taxes. I was just curious. My refund has been all sorts of crazy since day one. My status bar went away on WMR site 4-5 days ago and it just says processing and it'll be updated with a DDD but there has been no change. Also tomorrow, March 15th is supposed to be the last day on my 21 days since having my refund accepted by the IRS. (Not approved yet, still processing)
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

This time of year is really busy for the IRS, so the delay could be caused by nothing more than the budget cuts imposed by Congress. Best of luck - hope they process your refund soon!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Thank you! I hope to hear something back soon!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies