turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My wife and I are both filing, Married Filing Separately. Turbotax is asking for 2018 AGI in order to complete our taxes, how do I answer that question?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife and I are both filing, Married Filing Separately. Turbotax is asking for 2018 AGI in order to complete our taxes, how do I answer that question?

Your AGI is on line 7 of your 1040.  

To see it click:

• Tax Tools on the left in the black after being fully logged into your return
  • Tools
  • View Tax Summary
  • Preview 1040

Scroll down and look at line 7 of your return, then enter it on his and repeat to enter his on yours

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Is it asking for your spouses AGI for 2018?

Yes it is. I need his AGI 2018 to complete my taxes, and he needs my AGI 2018 to complete his taxes.

NOTE:- however that the IRS requires certain information for both spouses to be on each MFS return.  If you do not include the required information for your spouse the IRS will reject your return.

Note also that many deduction options are not available to either spouse when using MFS.

Your AGI is on line 7 of your 1040.  

To see it click:

• Tax Tools on the left in the black after being fully logged into your return
  • Tools
  • View Tax Summary
  • Preview 1040

Scroll down and look at line 7 of your return, then enter it on his and repeat to enter his on yours

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies