turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't efile last year. That seems to be preventing me from efiling this year. Help!

"The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records." I have checked the AGI, of course.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I didn't efile last year. That seems to be preventing me from efiling this year. Help!

Your 2017 tax return shows your 2017 Adjusted Gross Income  (AGI)  If you filed a joint return then the AGI is the same for each of you.

Form 1040EZ    line 4

Form 1040A       line 21

Form 1040        line 37

If you are using the same TT account that you used last year, you should also be able to find this number in your Tax Timeline for 2017

If entering the amount from your 2017 tax return does not work, then try entering “0” instead.  If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

You can get a free transcript of your past return from the IRS:  

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Note: If you filed late or amended your return, your correct 2017 AGI may not be in the system. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

Note:  If you mail your federal return, you will also need to mail your state return.  You will not be able to e-file your state return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3415597-what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-getting-an...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Entering "0" did the trick. Even though I double-checked with my IRS transcript and the AGI I had been using was correct. There appears to be a bug somewhere!

If you filed 2017 late or amended then the 2017 AGI may not have been in the system.  Glad zero worked for you!
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Trichards

I'm in the same position, ive tried finding out where I can change my agi but I feel so lost, I thought I filed last year through turbo tax but nothing is popping up, if someone could point me towards a resource that I could use or someone who can help I would appreciate it

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Trichards You can order a free copy of your 2018 tax return transcript from the IRS.  This will include the AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) that the IRS has on file for you for that tax year.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions:  How do I get a copy of my tax return or transcript ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies