turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kev1212

How do I adjust 1099 misc income to fair market value? Last year there was a simple process to reflect the actual market value of a prize reported on 1099 misc.

Last year I was able to simply adjust the fair market value of  1099 misc income (prize) but I don't see the option this year.Deluxe edition.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I adjust 1099 misc income to fair market value? Last year there was a simple process to reflect the actual market value of a prize reported on 1099 misc.

You won prizes two years in a row?
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The adjustment to fair market value comes after you finish entering all your 1099-MISC forms. After you enter a 1099-MISC it asks you if you have another one. If you select No, the next screen is the 1099-MISC Summary. When you click Done on the 1099-MISC Summary screen, you get the Fair Market Value screen. If you are not getting it, check your entries for the 1099-MISC. Is the prize amount in box 3? Did you select "This was prize winnings" on the screen that asks about "uncommon situations"?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies