turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

To mail my tax returns I printed everything from TurboTax and on my state return says I have to mail copies of my W2.Was that included in the packet Iprinted fromTurboTax

Add to amend my taxes so I have to mail it and TurboTax instructions state I have to mail copies of my W-2s so was that included in the packet I printed out or I have to do that on my own

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyW

To mail my tax returns I printed everything from TurboTax and on my state return says I have to mail copies of my W2.Was that included in the packet Iprinted fromTurboTax

You will want to include a copy of the W-2.

When you mail Form 1040-X you should include the following forms:

• The new (amended) Form 1040
  • Any forms or schedules that were added or changed as a result of preparing the amendment
Please note that 1040-X cannot be e-filed - you will need to mail a paper return.  It takes the IRS up to 16 weeks to process amended returns.  Also, depending on whether the changes affect your numbers, you may also be required to file an amended return with your state.  

The mailing address for your state and situation can be found at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf.  Look under Where to File on page 14. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AmyW

You will want to include a copy of the W-2.

When you mail Form 1040-X you should include the following forms:

• The new (amended) Form 1040
  • Any forms or schedules that were added or changed as a result of preparing the amendment
Please note that 1040-X cannot be e-filed - you will need to mail a paper return.  It takes the IRS up to 16 weeks to process amended returns.  Also, depending on whether the changes affect your numbers, you may also be required to file an amended return with your state.  

The mailing address for your state and situation can be found at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf.  Look under Where to File on page 14. 

Do I have to send a copy of every W-2
AmyW

You will want to send a copy of whichever documents were added when amending. So, if you added 2 W-2's, then you would want to include those two.

I didn’t have any W-2s I just had to change if I was a dependent or not

I didn’t have to add any
AmyW

Then include a copy of each W-2 that you entered on the original return.

I have Connecticut w2 2 Georgia ones and 1 Florida one I moved from Connecticut to Georgia I work two jobs and Georgia and now my current jobs in Florida by still live in Georgia and the Georgia tax return is telling me to send W-2s so do I send all four or just the two from Georgia
AmyW

You will want to attach the W-2's that show state withholding from GA for the GA return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies