Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot efile my taxes and I have to do them by mail. Does that require me to actually mail them in or does TurboTax do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot efile my taxes and I have to do them by mail. Does that require me to actually mail them in or does TurboTax do that?

You will need to print and mail your own return if you choose to file a paper return or you are prompted to mail the return. TurboTax does not mail returns. 

This link will give you the instructions on how to print and mail if you are using the TurboTax Online version of the software How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

If you are using the CD/Download version, use the link below for the version you have:
If you mail your federal return and are expecting a refund you can start checking the status of your return on the IRS website Where's My Refund 4 weeks after mailing your return. It takes that amount of time for it to show up in their system. 

You only want to call them if it’s been at least 6 weeks since you mailed and at that time, you can reach them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will provide you instructions on how to check the status of your state return on your state's website. 

Other Related Topics: 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Only you can print and mail your tax returns

You will need to print and mail your own return if you choose to file a paper return or you are prompted to mail the return. TurboTax does not mail returns. 

This link will give you the instructions on how to print and mail if you are using the TurboTax Online version of the software How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

If you are using the CD/Download version, use the link below for the version you have:
If you mail your federal return and are expecting a refund you can start checking the status of your return on the IRS website Where's My Refund 4 weeks after mailing your return. It takes that amount of time for it to show up in their system. 

You only want to call them if it’s been at least 6 weeks since you mailed and at that time, you can reach them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will provide you instructions on how to check the status of your state return on your state's website. 

Other Related Topics: 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies