turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jsarin1

When will the 2018 Illinois State forms be finalized? I am getting a DO NOT FILE watermark on the printed IL-1040...?

I updated my software (2/4/2019) and tried the manually update the superpatch file also. The IL-1040 form still has the DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL watermark on the printed return that I need to mail in. When will this form be finalized?  The state schedule online says the Illinois printed is already "available."

My federal and Maryland state have already been e-filed and accepted. Illinois is the only one I have pending now....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When will the 2018 Illinois State forms be finalized? I am getting a DO NOT FILE watermark on the printed IL-1040...?

You should contact Support at https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Plus there is this.
Possible work around if you want to try.
See near the bottom of the following post.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4562545

Try at your own risk.

So far it is working for me.
Just make sure you save the deleted files (folder) in case you have restore them.

Look for the post by croberts02

View solution in original post

11 Replies
jsarin1

I tried deleting the 3 files and it worked! Thanks for your help.

Before trying this, I called the support line twice and they couldn't give any useful advice. They tried having me uninstall and download the software, but that did nothing. Finally, they recommended I call the Illinois Dept of Rev which we know is bologna. They can't resolve TT problems.

I hope Intuit resolves this programming issue in their software because I have seen multiple cases of this (for multiple states). If this isn't publicly addressed, next year I'll be moving on to a different tax prep program.

Thanks again to all that chimed in!

Glad it worked for you.

That is the second time I heard that TT Support suggested to call Illinois Dept of Rev to fix a TT problem.
Fritz

(2-17-19) I also had the "DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL" watermark showing on all my 2018 Illinois tax forms, as of last week (bought 2018 TurboTax Deluxe CD from Amazon).  After submitting issue online, I received a phone number to call with a reference number.  Got no real assistance, and was finally told they were aware of the issue and it should be cleared up shortly.  Well, it's been a week, and the Illinois update that showed up a couple of days ago did not remove the watermarks.

Support had said in the original conversation that I might have to try reinstalling TurboTax to correct the issue, if it persisted after their efforts to correct it.

I installed the CD program on another laptop (an ASUS - original is Lenovo - both Windows 10 Home).  I registered Turbotax installation again, and closed it after it was all updated.  Took a copy of my saved 2018 TurboTax Federal and State file off the Lenovo, placed in on the main screen of my ASUS laptop, and opened it up.  It updated the Illinois forms.  I proceeded with the file my state taxes and the forms came up with without the "DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL" watermarks.  Printed them out and also printed out the tax forms for my files.  Reinstalling program apparently fixed the watermark issue.  Hope this info helps.....
girishb2

I didnt install the TurboTax software neither I got the CD from TurboTax. How can I resolve my issue?

@girishb2

If you did not install it, how did you get it on your computer?

Are you using the Desktop (CD installation) version or the Online version?

Also see.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7153000">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7153000</a>
Fritz

(2-19-19) I think the person meant that they didn't download and install TurboTax, but purchased the CD disk from TurboTax.

I mentioned in my post on (2-17-19) that TurboTax suggestedthat I might have to remove and reinstall the software to correct the issue, if update patches didn't work.

I (re)installed the original CD disk version I purchased from Amazon on another computer I owned, after the latest patches installed on the original computer failed to remove the watermarks (registered reinstall just as original installation).

I took my "saved TurboTax files" of my taxes off the original computer and opened them up on the other computer.  The updated state software on the other computer removed the watermarks on the state forms, and software allowed me access state forms to print for filing by mail (or efile if you prefer) and also print/PDF-save both Illinois State and Federal forms for my files.  This is still not possible as of (2-18-19) on the original computer - watermarks are still there, and state filing forms are not available for printing or efile.

FYI - original computer is 3 yr old Lenovo running Win 10 Home.  The <1 yr old ASUS computer I (re)installed the original purchase TurboTax CD disk also runs Win 10 Home.

Might try contacting TurboTax by following online procedure mentioned here, which will get you a phone number and reference number when calling - if you are afraid of uninstalling and reinstalling TurboTax software on your computer.  I found contacting them to be less than helpful, and glad I recalled the Rep mentioned might have to uninstall/reinstall to resolve the issue.  I did have the other computer to try this on, but don't see why uninstalling/reinstalling on a computer wouldn't provide the same results.
Fritz

(2-19-19) FYI - leave reinstalled TurboTax closed after updating, and click on "saved TurboTax files from original installation or computer to force TurboTax program to open with them - if it fails to find the files.
girishb2

I meant to say, I didn’t install any turbo tax on my computer..neither I got any CD ..
 I’m just using web url to login / Download the files..
in case if I need to contact turbotax do you have their email id or the phone number?
Fritz

(2-19-19) There is a contact reference link just below for support where you can ask a question.  It will log your question and give you a reference number and the phone number.  When you call - the Rep will see the question identified with your registered telephone number.  The number I got from that procedure was 8 0 0,  then dial 6 2 4, and finally 9 0 6 6.  (TurboTax doesn't allow posting of phone numbers) Good luck!
Fritz

(2-19-19) There is a contact reference link just below for support where you can ask a question.  It will log your question and give you a reference number and the phone number.  When you call - the Rep will see the question identified with your registered telephone number.  The number I got from that procedure was 8 0 0,  then dial 6 2 4, and finally 9 0 6 6.  (TurboTax doesn't allow posting of phone numbers) Good luck!

You should contact Support at https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Plus there is this.
Possible work around if you want to try.
See near the bottom of the following post.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4562545

Try at your own risk.

So far it is working for me.
Just make sure you save the deleted files (folder) in case you have restore them.

Look for the post by croberts02

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies