turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to transfer info from 2014 TurboTax (unfiled), to 2014 TurboTax software I just purchased. Is it possible?

All my information is online with 2014 TurboTax but I want to transfer it to the 2014 software. One shows a $4800 liability, currently shows a $11,000 liability after I have re-entered the information...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I want to transfer info from 2014 TurboTax (unfiled), to 2014 TurboTax software I just purchased. Is it possible?

You should be able to download the file from your tax timeline on the website. After that, import it to your computer's turbotax software. I do this whenever I have to file an amendment. It is not necessary to type everything back in. I believe you can only do this with a return that was previously completed and filed online.

Also, tax laws can change after you file. TurboTax keeps these things up-to-date. I had to amend my 2014 return recently and the numbers came out differently. After speaking with TurboTax customer support they explained that their software is always up-to-date as laws change. This could have an impact when filing later or filing and amendment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies