turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You said that I had a 1099-R for 2016 but I do not have anything like that for 2017.

what is national financial services?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

You said that I had a 1099-R for 2016 but I do not have anything like that for 2017.

If you had one in 2016, the TurboTax program will ask about it in 2017 - we want to make sure you don't forget to include something (income, deductions, credits, etc.) this year that you have had in previous years. 

"National Financial Services" is probably the financial support group of Fidelity Investments; they are the legal entity that does the account maintenance and tax reporting for Fidelity.

You can stop the "answer" prompts by deleting the Form 1099-Rs and any 1099-R worksheets  that carried over from your 2016 tax file.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting these forms and worksheets, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm they have been removed from your return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

If you had one in 2016, the TurboTax program will ask about it in 2017 - we want to make sure you don't forget to include something (income, deductions, credits, etc.) this year that you have had in previous years. 

"National Financial Services" is probably the financial support group of Fidelity Investments; they are the legal entity that does the account maintenance and tax reporting for Fidelity.

You can stop the "answer" prompts by deleting the Form 1099-Rs and any 1099-R worksheets  that carried over from your 2016 tax file.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting these forms and worksheets, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm they have been removed from your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies