Ask the Experts about Life Changes in 2021 >> Event happening TODAY!
lunytoon4

You recommend I use the premier version, even though the past several years I end up taking the standard deduction. Is it really necessary?

PaulaM

It depends on the other details of your return. Some of the forms that require Premier are:

• Schedule D
  • Schedule E
  • K-1 forms
  • 1099-B
  • Sale of Business Property
  • Farm Rental Income/Expense

The list above is not all of the forms that require the use of Premier. If you have been prompted to upgrade to Premier, you likely had a form/schedule that called for it. If your situation has changed, you can always begin in TurboTax Deluxe and upgrade later if you need to.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

PaulaM

• Schedule D
  • Schedule E
  • K-1 forms
  • 1099-B
  • Sale of Business Property
  • Farm Rental Income/Expense