turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recieved a letter from irs needing a 8962 form with 1095-a , how can i get this form? and how will this effect my refund ? also i will be faxing it back in

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

I recieved a letter from irs needing a 8962 form with 1095-a , how can i get this form? and how will this effect my refund ? also i will be faxing it back in

Please read this TurboTax FAQ on how to fill form 8962. Filing form 8962 will affect your refund as form 8962 will calculate the premium tax credit you have or the repayment of advance premium credit.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6765257

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ok another question when i amend on turbo tax add the 1095-a it will then give me the 8962 form to then print and fax in with other forms they are asking for ? the amount that changes on the top is the the total refund or the amount they will deduct from my refund ? i was getting back 5478.00 it showed 600 in gray when i added which can not be right i have 2 dependants
MinhT
Expert Alumni

The amount of $600 is the amount which be deducted from your refund. The $600 represents the excess advance premium tax credit repayment which should be on line 29 in Part III of your form 8962.

thank you so much so i will add the 600 there are it will when i add forms to turbo tax to print?
MinhT
Expert Alumni

You only need to print form 8962 and send or fax to the IRS.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies