turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello i need help iam helping my uncle do his taxes and we done them last year on turbo tax and my uncle doesnt know his and his wife pin number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
FeleciaLO

Hello i need help iam helping my uncle do his taxes and we done them last year on turbo tax and my uncle doesnt know his and his wife pin number

You may use our Get an IP PIN online tool on www.IRS.gov to retrieve your current IP PIN. You will be required to register and verify your identity in order to use the tool. This process is essential to protect your personal and tax information. Please refer to “Step 2: What You Need”, before using the online tool. Follow the prompts to retrieve your IP PIN.

If you previously created an online account and obtained an IP PIN, access Get an IP PIN and log in to your account with your username and password. You may be required to verify your identity again due to our increased account security. Follow the prompts to retrieve your IP PIN.

If you're unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you may call IRS at 800-908-4490 for specialized assistance, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time), to have your IP PIN reissued. An assistor will verify your identity and mail your IP PIN to your address of record within 21 days.

Exceptions:
•If you’ve moved since January 1 of this year, or
•It’s after October 14 and you haven’t filed your current or prior year Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or 1040 PR/SS,

you’ll need to complete and mail a paper tax return without your IP PIN. We’ll review your return to confirm it’s yours but this may delay any refund you’re due.

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/the-identity-protection-pin-ip-pin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FeleciaLO

You may use our Get an IP PIN online tool on www.IRS.gov to retrieve your current IP PIN. You will be required to register and verify your identity in order to use the tool. This process is essential to protect your personal and tax information. Please refer to “Step 2: What You Need”, before using the online tool. Follow the prompts to retrieve your IP PIN.

If you previously created an online account and obtained an IP PIN, access Get an IP PIN and log in to your account with your username and password. You may be required to verify your identity again due to our increased account security. Follow the prompts to retrieve your IP PIN.

If you're unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you may call IRS at 800-908-4490 for specialized assistance, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time), to have your IP PIN reissued. An assistor will verify your identity and mail your IP PIN to your address of record within 21 days.

Exceptions:
•If you’ve moved since January 1 of this year, or
•It’s after October 14 and you haven’t filed your current or prior year Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or 1040 PR/SS,

you’ll need to complete and mail a paper tax return without your IP PIN. We’ll review your return to confirm it’s yours but this may delay any refund you’re due.

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/the-identity-protection-pin-ip-pin

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies