turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How did i file? Without registering or geting a confirmation email .without paying or saveing anything.I was online checking /answering things.Was it saved free fileing?

I am asking because my tax preparer said that I already filed and I don't remember I just remember being online at irs.gov and useing assitant to see if i qualify.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How did i file? Without registering or geting a confirmation email .without paying or saveing anything.I was online checking /answering things.Was it saved free fileing?

You may not have filed but your SS# has been thru the system already ... if you filed thru TT then you would have had to complete the entire return and the FILE tab and hit the big orange Transmit Now button ... I think you would have remembered that .... so the paid preparer should be able to help you complete the form 14039 for ID theft and get you a paper return to mail in. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You may not have filed but your SS# has been thru the system already ... if you filed thru TT then you would have had to complete the entire return and the FILE tab and hit the big orange Transmit Now button ... I think you would have remembered that .... so the paid preparer should be able to help you complete the form 14039 for ID theft and get you a paper return to mail in. 

I was really expecting to get my  taxes . She said if I do it by mail I would have to wait 6 months or something if I didn't file but my social security number is in the system now what does that mean doesn't that mean that it didn't get accepted

You don't have a choice ... you must mail in the return this year since your number has already been used ... mailed in returns take about 6 to 8 weeks to process.

The tax lady said to wait until you get a check then she will amend it , but like you said I'm pretty sure I would have remembered completing a return so is there any way to really find out if I I submitted a return online I'm pretty sure I was just seeing what I qualify for

Why does she believe you already filed ?   If you have not filed then you are waiting for nothing.  If you do get a refund that you didn't apply for then be very careful ... the newest scam is to file a return for you and even send the refund to your bank account or home but then you get a call from someone claiming to be from the IRS requiring you to "return" the incorrect refund but they have you send it to them after you cash it but you are not really sending it to the IRS.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies