turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I being charged 69 for tax prep when at the beginning amount stated was 29.99? I want to cancel my return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaA
Expert Alumni

Why am I being charged 69 for tax prep when at the beginning amount stated was 29.99? I want to cancel my return

You may have inadvertently selected some add-ons, which resulted in a fee increase. You can view your fees and remove the add-ons you don't want. To do this:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools  in the lower left of your screen. (Click the screenshot below to enlarge it for reference).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select My Fees to open a detailed list of your fees. In the lower left corner of this screen, click Help with My TurboTax Fees for instructions on how to remove unwanted add-ons.

You can also clear and start over to remove all fees and start from scratch.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LindaA
Expert Alumni

You may have inadvertently selected some add-ons, which resulted in a fee increase. You can view your fees and remove the add-ons you don't want. To do this:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools  in the lower left of your screen. (Click the screenshot below to enlarge it for reference).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select My Fees to open a detailed list of your fees. In the lower left corner of this screen, click Help with My TurboTax Fees for instructions on how to remove unwanted add-ons.

You can also clear and start over to remove all fees and start from scratch.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies