turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smdag55

I work for a company and my wife runs a home daycare as an s-corp what turbotax product do I need to use

I have a Job, My Wife runs a daycare out of our house. the daycare is an S-corp and I am a member of the S-corp and so are my three children (adults) We also have three employees (w2's for all of them) Can I file on one turbo tax product? Which one? Married filing jointly

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

I work for a company and my wife runs a home daycare as an s-corp what turbotax product do I need to use

You'll need two tax products. The CD\Download versions allow you to e-file five tax returns.

For your wife's S-Corp, she'll need to file Form 1120S (U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation). It's available in TurboTax Business.

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax online, you'll need TurboTax Premier and TurboTax Live Premier since you'll have a K-1's from the S-Corp.

OR

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax CD\Download, you may use DeluxePremier, or Home & Business

• Although Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business all support the same tax forms and schedules, the step-by-step guidance is different (for example, Basic through Home & Business all support Schedules C and D, but Premier and Home & Business have extra guidance and interview screens geared towards investment sales and self-employment, respectively).

Related information:

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HelenaC

Note: The CD\Download versions allow you to e-file five tax returns and prepare as many paper returns as you need. There is one state download with the personal software but there is a fee for e-filing.
HelenaC

See the Related Information in my answer for differences between Online and CD\Download.
HelenaC

You'll need two tax products. The CD\Download versions allow you to e-file five tax returns.

For your wife's S-Corp, she'll need to file Form 1120S (U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation). It's available in TurboTax Business.

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax online, you'll need TurboTax Premier and TurboTax Live Premier since you'll have a K-1's from the S-Corp.

OR

For your personal income tax return, if you want to use TurboTax CD\Download, you may use DeluxePremier, or Home & Business

• Although Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business all support the same tax forms and schedules, the step-by-step guidance is different (for example, Basic through Home & Business all support Schedules C and D, but Premier and Home & Business have extra guidance and interview screens geared towards investment sales and self-employment, respectively).

Related information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies