turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zachm7111

Whats a Market Identifier ? and the marketplace assigned policy number??? my 1095-c doesnt say any of those it has my name ssn and my employer's name

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Whats a Market Identifier ? and the marketplace assigned policy number??? my 1095-c doesnt say any of those it has my name ssn and my employer's name

You do not report your Form 1095-C on a tax return nor do you report the Form 1095-C as a Form 1095-A.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a Form 1095-C - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2920031-do-i-need-to-enter-my-1095-c

Start the Health Insurance section over.  If you had coverage for the whole year indicate that.  Where asked if you had one of the less common plans shown, click on NO, since you have a Form 1095-C.  Click Continue.  That completes the Health Insurance section

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You do not report your Form 1095-C on a tax return nor do you report the Form 1095-C as a Form 1095-A.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a Form 1095-C - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2920031-do-i-need-to-enter-my-1095-c

Start the Health Insurance section over.  If you had coverage for the whole year indicate that.  Where asked if you had one of the less common plans shown, click on NO, since you have a Form 1095-C.  Click Continue.  That completes the Health Insurance section

zachm7111

Thank you  so much!
np52550
Returning Member

where do you reflect a COBRA cost out of pocket after employer no longer pays the insurance?

You can report the COBRA payments as medial expenses.  In 2020, the IRS allows all taxpayers to deduct their total qualified unreimbursed medical care expenses that exceed 7.5% of their adjusted gross income if the taxpayer uses IRS Schedule A to itemize their deductions.

When you enter your expenses, TurboTax will do the math and let you know whether the standard or itemized deduction is the best choice for you.  

Enter your COBRA payment following these steps in TurboTax:

• Federal
  • Deductions and Credits
  • Medical Expenses
  • Go though the screens and enter any expenses that you paid and were not reimbursed for
  • At the screen How much did you spend on insurance premiums? enter the total amount you paid for COBRA i  2929.
  • Go though the other screens and enter any applicable amounts

After you finish with all credit and deductions and wrap up tax breaks a screen will appear that tell s you if the standare or itemized deductions are right for you.

If you take the standard deduction in 2020, you can also claim up to $300 in cash donations to charity.  Claiming that deduction will reduce the amount owed or increase the refund.

@np52550

You DO IF TURBOTAX ASKS FOR IT!

@Workpuddle You are posting to an old thread that has had no activity since 2021.  What are you trying to do?  We do not know how to help you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies