Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to talk to turbo tax, I have trubo tax delux, am trying to llist interest for sales of EE bonds, need answers

how do I llist purchase dates vs sell dates on federal EE bond sales?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to talk to turbo tax, I have trubo tax delux, am trying to llist interest for sales of EE bonds, need answers

You did NOT sell the bonds if you turned them in at a bank and they are not on a form 1099-B ... if you just have to enter the interest on the redemptions then it is entered in the 1099-INT section only ... do NOT enter them as sales in the investment section. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You did NOT sell the bonds if you turned them in at a bank and they are not on a form 1099-B ... if you just have to enter the interest on the redemptions then it is entered in the 1099-INT section only ... do NOT enter them as sales in the investment section. 

You do not need to enter the interest for each US EE Bond sale separately.  You may total all the EE Bond interest and make one entry for the interest income.  

To enter interest income in the TurboTax software, 

• Go to Wages & Income, then
  • Scroll down to "Interest and Dividends
  • Choose Start or Update next to "Interest on 1099-INT" and choose Start or Revisit
  • Answer Yes to "Did you receive any interest income?"
  • Choose the radio button next to "I'll type it in myself" and select Continue
  • Enter Savings Bonds or the name of the bank which cashed them and the amount interest received in Box 1 - Interest Income Amount and select Continue.  

The interview will return to the start for your next item of interest income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies