Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

atrgroup

Can I still Change my current product for this year to Home & Business?

I have down loaded Premier version but have not started using it yet.  Can I still Upgrade to Home & Business version without having to pay for both products?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can upgrade from within the product by only paying the difference in price.

However, you may not need to upgrade.   Be aware that desktop Premier can do everything that desktop Home and Business can do.  Both products prepare the same forms.   The main difference is the latter provides more help and guidance in regards to a business.  If your business is not too complicated, and you are an experienced TurboTax user, then Premier may be adequate for you.

You could try your Premier and see if it is adequate for you, then upgrade within the product later, if you wish.

But if you prefer to get an actual download file for Home and Business to install it from square one, you'd need to talk to TurboTax Support during business hours to work something out.

Use the form at the link below to be assigned a phone number or schedule a callback. The number will not display when they are closed.  This time of year they are open 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Mon-Fri.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contactHow do I contact TurboTax?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can upgrade from within the product by only paying the difference in price.

However, you may not need to upgrade.   Be aware that desktop Premier can do everything that desktop Home and Business can do.  Both products prepare the same forms.   The main difference is the latter provides more help and guidance in regards to a business.  If your business is not too complicated, and you are an experienced TurboTax user, then Premier may be adequate for you.

You could try your Premier and see if it is adequate for you, then upgrade within the product later, if you wish.

But if you prefer to get an actual download file for Home and Business to install it from square one, you'd need to talk to TurboTax Support during business hours to work something out.

Use the form at the link below to be assigned a phone number or schedule a callback. The number will not display when they are closed.  This time of year they are open 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Mon-Fri.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contactHow do I contact TurboTax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies