turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi my question is, my son work last year and I have his W2 how do I report it in my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi my question is, my son work last year and I have his W2 how do I report it in my taxes?

You can't report his W-2 on your tax return. He has to file his own return and report it there.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You can't report his W-2 on your tax return. He has to file his own return and report it there.

No matter if he lives the whole year with me, still in high school, is a Senior and it was a part time job and he is only 18?

Absolutely none of that matters. He has to file his own tax return. The tax rules do not allow you to claim a dependent's wages on your tax return. You can still claim him as a dependent, but he has to file his own tax return.

Is the first time that this happend to me, so I make my tax with my daugther and I can't report the expenses that he have the whole year living with me?

I do not understand that question. What expenses do you want to report for him?

Living expenses, like food, clothing, rent, utilities, cell phone, gas
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies