turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dkemp50

Haven’t filed in 3 years & would like to file all 3 years this year? How can I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Haven’t filed in 3 years & would like to file all 3 years this year? How can I do that?

You can't do a prior year return online or efile it, but you can buy the Desktop Download versions for 2014-2016 from Turbo Tax here. Be sure to pick the right one, Windows or Mac....
http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products.jsp

Or you can check for  Turbo Tax for all years on Ebay or Amazon, etc.

Either way you will have to mail in your return.  And if you are doing more than 1 year, send each year in a separate envelope. Sometimes the IRS will just staple all the sheets together and miss a second return.  When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

Or if you have a simple return you can get the blank forms from the IRS and fill them in by hand for free.  If you can't find them I have a list of them for all years

The Online program is only for the current year so you have to buy the Desktop CD/Download programs here and you need a separate program for each tax year ... see the tabs to change years....

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/ 

Or you can get the blank forms from the IRS and do them by hand.  Either way you will have to print and mail prior year returns.  And send each year in a separate envelope so the IRS doesn't miss any. 

Need help

With what exactly ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies