Turbotax arranged to pay my state from federal refund. Total federal showed in my bank account. What went wrong?

I cannot find the payment made to the state of the owed amount on my bank account as arranged by Turbotax.

You can't apply your Federal refund to pay off your state taxes, nor the other way around.The IRS and state tax departments each maintain their own, separate tax collection systems.

You are able to pay the state by direct debit from a bank account or pay by check.Your chosen tax payment method will display on your Filing Instructions page, in the Balance Due/Refund section.

For direct debit, you'll see the amount, routing and account numbers, and withdrawal date (if you did not select a date, the debit date will automatically default to 04/18/2016).

To get a view/print a copy of your 2015 return:

1. Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
  2. Click Taxes near the top left corner of your screen, under the TurboTax logo.
  3. On the My Tax Timeline screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Download/print return (PDF).  
Another way to obtain this information In TurboTax is by going to the tax timeline, under Some things you can do, select the the option to Download all forms and worksheets. You will find your direct debit/direct deposit information in the section labeled Federal Information Worksheet Part V.