turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

homielh

I started my return in the online version and now need to transfer the information to the downloaded desktop version. How do I do that?

So I need to do multiple returns and I started my return using the "online" version.  I have almost completed my return in the online version when I find out I can not file multiple returns.  I order and downloaded to my desktop the Deluxe version for multiple returns and need to import my data from the online version.  How do I do that?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
NatalieC

I started my return in the online version and now need to transfer the information to the downloaded desktop version. How do I do that?

You can save your current work in Online and transfer it into the desktop software.  To do this: 

• Sign in to your Online account and continue your tax return to get back into the program.
  • In the colored border above, find the drop down for My Account.
  • Click on Tools.
  • In the small box that populates, click on Save your 2015 return to your Computer.
  • After you have downloaded and installed your desktop software, you can open this saved 2015 .tax file and begin where you left off.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies