Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I input 2017 in my downloaded Turbo Tax. Then, I decided to use my CPA and he filed my return. Can I use the Turbo Tax 2017 as a starting point for doing my 2018 taxes?

I verified that my Turbo Tax agreed to my CPA’s return.  I want to do my own 2018 taxes and would like to use the 2017 that I already input.  Can I close out the 2017 and use for 2018?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I input 2017 in my downloaded Turbo Tax. Then, I decided to use my CPA and he filed my return. Can I use the Turbo Tax 2017 as a starting point for doing my 2018 taxes?

You can Save the file you created under the File tab in the upper left,and, yes, you can then transfer that return to the 2018 program.  You would need to purchase a new program for 2018 as each year's program does only that year's return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

You can Save the file you created under the File tab in the upper left,and, yes, you can then transfer that return to the 2018 program.  You would need to purchase a new program for 2018 as each year's program does only that year's return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies