turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thxinc66

How to pay taxes due?

I opted to have my account withdrawn for the amount due on 4/15 on my tax return, but have not yet seen the electronic transfer take place.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to pay taxes due?

It can take longer for your direct debit this time of year. As long as you filed your return & it has been accepted, you are considered as paying on time.

To verify the date that Federal funds will be withdrawn from your account, confirm that funds have been transferred, or cancel the transaction up to 48 hours before the date you designated the funds to be debited, call the IRS at 1 (888) 353-4537.

View solution in original post

How to pay taxes due?

You can pay Federal taxes due on the IRS by direct debit or credit card. https://www.irs.gov/payments If you owe state taxes, you can go to your state's taxing website to pay online.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

How to pay taxes due?

It can take longer for your direct debit this time of year. As long as you filed your return & it has been accepted, you are considered as paying on time.

To verify the date that Federal funds will be withdrawn from your account, confirm that funds have been transferred, or cancel the transaction up to 48 hours before the date you designated the funds to be debited, call the IRS at 1 (888) 353-4537.
thxinc66

How to pay taxes due?

Thank you.  However, the service tells me my payment transaction was 'rejected' but funds were available.  Who or how do I reach someone to make a payment now?

How to pay taxes due?

You can pay Federal taxes due on the IRS by direct debit or credit card. https://www.irs.gov/payments If you owe state taxes, you can go to your state's taxing website to pay online.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies