turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There is information uploaded from Merrill Lynch with 2018 dates, how do I get rid of those transactions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LisaBr

There is information uploaded from Merrill Lynch with 2018 dates, how do I get rid of those transactions?

You can delete those 2018 transactions under the 1099-B, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV or 1099-OID income entries, depending on what was downloaded.

However, I am perplexed as to how 2018 transactions can be imported from Merrill LynchBefore deleting anything, we can pull up a sanitized copy (all personal information is blocked from view) of your tax return and take a look to see if something is triggering this erroneous information. Here is what you need to do to generate the token code:  Open up Tax Tools at the bottom left of the side bar.  Click on Tools directly underneath Tax Tools.  Tools Center will pop-up in the middle of your screen.  Select Share My File with Agent.  Click OK for Diagnostic Copy.  The next box will have a six digit number that you will share with me.  (It's a random number generated number that means nothing to anyone else).

You will go to each area and identify which entries are not for 2017.  Each area has a Summary section and you can delete them from that Summary page.

Another way to delete entries, is to delete as follows. However you will need to be sure you are not deleting your 2017 entries.

1. Select Tax Tools.
  2. Choose Tools.
  3. Find 1099-B, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, or 1099-OID and all worksheets attached to them, select Delete. 
  4. As a step to be sure the form has been deleted, run through step 3 once more to be sure that form was deleted as well as any related worksheets.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies