turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wsmith78

I own my own business and work as a consultant under this LLC. My clients are non-US companies, one only, that do not isssue 1099's. How do I entire my income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I own my own business and work as a consultant under this LLC. My clients are non-US companies, one only, that do not isssue 1099's. How do I entire my income?

You can claim your self-employed business income without a 1099-MISC
  • Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Click the search box at the top right of your screen (magnifying glass icon)
  • Search for “Schedule C" in the search box
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" ink in the search results.
  • Follow the first set onscreen instructions - you might have to set up a Business profile if you already haven’t 
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you will see the various income and expenses categories.

Then, to enter business income not on a 1099-MISC -

• Click Start/Update next to Business Income 
  • Click State/Update next to General Income
  • The next page should be Tell us about additional income - you can enter income not designated on a 1099-MISC here (such as cash, checks, 1099K, or other forms of payment)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can claim your self-employed business income without a 1099-MISC
  • Log into your account and click Take Me To My Return (you must click this before searching if you are not already in your account)
  • Click the search box at the top right of your screen (magnifying glass icon)
  • Search for “Schedule C" in the search box
  • Click the "jump to schedule c" ink in the search results.
  • Follow the first set onscreen instructions - you might have to set up a Business profile if you already haven’t 
  • You will arrive at the Your Business summary page where you will see the various income and expenses categories.

Then, to enter business income not on a 1099-MISC -

• Click Start/Update next to Business Income 
  • Click State/Update next to General Income
  • The next page should be Tell us about additional income - you can enter income not designated on a 1099-MISC here (such as cash, checks, 1099K, or other forms of payment)
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies