Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I being charged 39.99 for the Turbotax Deluxe and still be charged an additional 39.99 to "Pay with your refund"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why am I being charged 39.99 for the Turbotax Deluxe and still be charged an additional 39.99 to "Pay with your refund"?

The fees in the Deluxe Edition are 39.99 for a Federal return, and 36.99 for a State return, if applicable.

If you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund, there is a 39.99 service fee for that option (44.99 for California filers, where it is bundled with Premium Services.)

If you chose that payment method, you can save money by first removing that option prior to filing, then paying upfront with credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.   

Here's how to properly remove it first and then pay upfront, depending on your location:

California filers (where that refund processing option is part of "Premium Services.")
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2154391-how-do-i-remove-the-premium-services-fee 

Other states:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900517-how-do-i-remove-the-refund-processing-service

You can bypass that charge by paying with your credit card instead of with your return.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies