turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tracij98

You are going to debit my account for the turbo tax fee and I need to request a change to the date

The turbo tax fee is set to debit my account on 4/12.  I would like to change that date 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

You are going to debit my account for the turbo tax fee and I need to request a change to the date

Please contact us at (800)446-8848 5am to 9pm Pacific, to see if the date can be updated for you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

slcinci

I'm now in the same position -- has this changed?

If the IRS holds your refund for more then 36 days after the expected refund date  they will send you several emails telling you what your options are ... pay attention to them.

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more follow up emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.
slcinci

The article is about owing money so the first part does not apply.  I want an extra month to pay despite the fact that my filed return has a debit date of 13 April.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies