Solved: Yesterday when I began this process the system told me if I filed today there would be no charge for filing my state tax. why $ 39.99 more today? what is going on?

Yesterday when I began this process the system told me if I filed today there would be no charge for filing my state tax. why $ 39.99 more today? what is going on?

The only way the state filing would be free is if you used the free edition, which will only work for those with very simple tax situations. You are using the premier edition, which carries a charge for the state return.