cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Am I permitted to let my daughter use the software to file? She is not a dependent and does not live at the same address as me. If not, how are the 5 free files a benefit

Turbo Tax states it includes 5 Federal e-files. What is the benefit of this when I read in the agreement that I can't allow a third party to use my software. I am specifically wanting to let my non-dependent daughter use the software to file her taxes.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 1

Am I permitted to let my daughter use the software to file? She is not a dependent and does not live at the same address as me. If not, how are the 5 free files a benefit

Yes, your daughter can use the software to prepare her income tax return.  Up to 5 returns can be prepared and filed using your software.  Our license agreement doesn't allow the use of TurboTax for commercial or professional tax preparation. 

Level 2

What is the best way for me to get the software to her? I purchased the CD this year rather than the on-line software. Thank you
Level 1

What can I do to be more helpful?  Where does your daughter live?
Level 2

She lives in another city in Wisconsin
Level 15

Mail the CD to her
Level 2

Thank you, but is this from Alan at TurboTax? I think TurboTax might have a better solution.
Level 1

bsch4477 gave the best solution.  You would either have to take it to her or mail it.