turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fartmart

I did my daughters return and did NOT check that she can be claimed by someone else on their return (meaning me as I paid for more then 50% of her costs) I filed hers too

so I did my 18 yr olds return and did not check that someone else can claim her as a dependent, and I filed her return well I claim her and it will not allow me to file my return (unless I take her off my return which I wont) I amended her return but I have to mail it and I cant file my return till this gets corrected is there a faster process?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyW

I did my daughters return and did NOT check that she can be claimed by someone else on their return (meaning me as I paid for more then 50% of her costs) I filed hers too

Yes, you will want to file a paper return this year. Print, sign and mail your tax return because you will be unable to e-file since the exemption was claimed. You will still need to mail her amended tax return to reflect the change to her return with the IRS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyW

Yes, you will want to file a paper return this year. Print, sign and mail your tax return because you will be unable to e-file since the exemption was claimed. You will still need to mail her amended tax return to reflect the change to her return with the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies