turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mizaralc

LYFT ride share did not issue me a 1099-K nor a 1099-Misc. Do I need to file my income as a LYFT driver?

LYFT provided the following info:

Ride payments: $1621.35, Non-ride earnings $5.00, Lyft platform fees $345.12, Service fees $219.30.  That brings my  earnings down to $1056.93. Mileage deduction comes to $973.22. So my taxable income for 2018 is $83.71.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

LYFT ride share did not issue me a 1099-K nor a 1099-Misc. Do I need to file my income as a LYFT driver?

Yes, you need to report your rideshare income on your tax return, even though you didn't receive a 1099 of some sort reflecting your work. 

The TurboTax FAQ "Where do I enter my Lyft/Uber income?" and links within the FAQ give you information you'll need to report your rideshare income and expenses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5262468

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you need to report your rideshare income on your tax return, even though you didn't receive a 1099 of some sort reflecting your work. 

The TurboTax FAQ "Where do I enter my Lyft/Uber income?" and links within the FAQ give you information you'll need to report your rideshare income and expenses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5262468

i need 2018 income report

lyft said that you would supply it

Manage cookies