Solved: Yes, you need to report your rideshare income on y...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LYFT ride share did not issue me a 1099-K nor a 1099-Misc. Do I need to file my income as a LYFT driver?

LYFT provided the following info:

Ride payments: $1621.35, Non-ride earnings $5.00, Lyft platform fees $345.12, Service fees $219.30.  That brings my  earnings down to $1056.93. Mileage deduction comes to $973.22. So my taxable income for 2018 is $83.71.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

LYFT ride share did not issue me a 1099-K nor a 1099-Misc. Do I need to file my income as a LYFT driver?

Yes, you need to report your rideshare income on your tax return, even though you didn't receive a 1099 of some sort reflecting your work. 

The TurboTax FAQ "Where do I enter my Lyft/Uber income?" and links within the FAQ give you information you'll need to report your rideshare income and expenses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5262468

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, you need to report your rideshare income on your tax return, even though you didn't receive a 1099 of some sort reflecting your work. 

The TurboTax FAQ "Where do I enter my Lyft/Uber income?" and links within the FAQ give you information you'll need to report your rideshare income and expenses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5262468

View solution in original post

i need 2018 income report

lyft said that you would supply it

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings