turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to attach a signed copy of EACH of my other state filed returns when I file my Arkansas return? The instructions from Turbotax for Arkansas are very vague.

The instructions from Turbotax read, "Staple the state copy of each of your W-2s and 1099-Rs to the front of the return.

-Attach and sign a copy of the return filed with the other state."

I filed with three other states. Do I need to send copies of each of these state tax returns? This seems a little much.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I have to attach a signed copy of EACH of my other state filed returns when I file my Arkansas return? The instructions from Turbotax for Arkansas are very vague.

Yes, you need to attach a copy of any other state return that you took a credit for taxes paid to another state with the AR return. This is per the AK instructions listed below (also with the link). 

"You must attach a complete signed copy of the other state’s tax return to verify the tax liability due the other state. The amount withheld on your W-2 form for the other state is not the amount of credit you can take."

Source: http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/incomeTax/individual/Documents/505-OtherStateTaxCredit.pdf

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you need to attach a copy of any other state return that you took a credit for taxes paid to another state with the AR return. This is per the AK instructions listed below (also with the link). 

"You must attach a complete signed copy of the other state’s tax return to verify the tax liability due the other state. The amount withheld on your W-2 form for the other state is not the amount of credit you can take."

Source: http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/incomeTax/individual/Documents/505-OtherStateTaxCredit.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies