turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

A friend and I were both self-employed in CA (separate businesses). Can we share one product to file our returns or do we each have to purchase a separate product?

Our businesses are separate entities and both will need federal/state returns. Since the Home & Business product allows 5 federal returns, I'm wondering if we can make a single product purchase to file our returns? Also, will each state return be $20 or just the 2nd state return filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

A friend and I were both self-employed in CA (separate businesses). Can we share one product to file our returns or do we each have to purchase a separate product?

yes you can use the same program.  Be sure to save each return before starting the next one.  Go to File - Save or Save As to give it a name you can tell them apart.

You get one free state program download which can prepare unlimited state returns but each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile (goes up to 24.99 later) or you can print and mail state for free.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

yes you can use the same program.  Be sure to save each return before starting the next one.  Go to File - Save or Save As to give it a name you can tell them apart.

You get one free state program download which can prepare unlimited state returns but each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile (goes up to 24.99 later) or you can print and mail state for free.

Wonderful! Thank you, VolvoGirl!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies