turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I make a 1 time estimated tax payment? I received a significant bonus on 2/28/18 in which federal taxes were not withheld. . How do I do this on turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I make a 1 time estimated tax payment? I received a significant bonus on 2/28/18 in which federal taxes were not withheld. . How do I do this on turbo tax?

No you need to use a 1040ES estimated slip not a 1040 V.  But I don't see the 1040ES for 2018 on the IRS website yet, just for 2017.  So go directly to the IRS to pay it.  See screen shot

View solution in original post

5 Replies

No you need to use a 1040ES estimated slip not a 1040 V.  But I don't see the 1040ES for 2018 on the IRS website yet, just for 2017.  So go directly to the IRS to pay it.  See screen shot

HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

Thank you!
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you both.

So are you saying I don't need to file the 1040ES? I just go on the IRS site and make a payment? Nothing more?
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

Yes, that's it. Just print the receipt of your payment and keep it for your 2018 tax preparation.
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you can. To make a one-time estimated tax payment.  Use the IRS website. Direct Pay (Direct Debit) is free.

There are options to pay by mail, also.

• If you pay by check or money order, you'll need to include form 1040-ES.  Scroll down to the end for the coupons.

[Edited 3-11-2020|9:09 am PST]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies