turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 k and 1099 Misc for Uber and Lyft, I know I can only use one form of deduction,I used Mileage,why it shows Expenses to add right underneath it?what can be add there?

I am filling out the form, and it shows expenses to be deducted, are tose expensive related to things such, if I bought an iphone to use for uber, cases, cables, water to serve customers, anything but expenses related to car?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

1099 k and 1099 Misc for Uber and Lyft, I know I can only use one form of deduction,I used Mileage,why it shows Expenses to add right underneath it?what can be add there?

Yes, you can enter those sorts of expenses under miscellaneous expenses, or you can click on the blue Add expenses and it will pull up categories.  Then, if you click on the blue triangle next to Less common expenses, it will show more categories. As you scroll through the list you may find other expenses you did not yet have on your list. Also, in the vehicle section, you may add expenses for tolls and parking.

click here for more tax tips for drivers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can enter those sorts of expenses under miscellaneous expenses, or you can click on the blue Add expenses and it will pull up categories.  Then, if you click on the blue triangle next to Less common expenses, it will show more categories. As you scroll through the list you may find other expenses you did not yet have on your list. Also, in the vehicle section, you may add expenses for tolls and parking.

click here for more tax tips for drivers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for clarifying.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies