turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

d2lzamora

My ex paid for my son's insurance thru healthcare.gov marketplace. Why am I now being asked to submit form 8962? And, shouldn't Turbo Tax have done this for me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My ex paid for my son's insurance thru healthcare.gov marketplace. Why am I now being asked to submit form 8962? And, shouldn't Turbo Tax have done this for me?

Yes, TurboTax does automatically generate form 8962 when entering Form 1095-A. 

The link below explains how to enter Form 1095-A after your return has been efiled and accepted. The instructions will walk you through amending your return. You are not actually amending the return, but need to use the module in order to generate and print Form 8962.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6765257

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes, TurboTax does automatically generate form 8962 when entering Form 1095-A. 

The link below explains how to enter Form 1095-A after your return has been efiled and accepted. The instructions will walk you through amending your return. You are not actually amending the return, but need to use the module in order to generate and print Form 8962.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6765257

d2lzamora

Thank you for this information.  I did not receive the 1095-A because it was sent to my ex-husband.  He will not respond to my request for a copy.  I don't suppose the Healthcare.gov Marketplace will send me a copy if I am not listed on my son's account?  Any suggestions where I go from here?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies