turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My completed 1040 does not have lines 37-47 but it continues on line 48. Is that correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

My completed 1040 does not have lines 37-47 but it continues on line 48. Is that correct?

Yes, that's normal. That range you gave (Lines 38-47) is Schedule 2, and reports tax such as the Alternative Minimum Tax. If you did not have any of these items to report, your completed tax return won't contain that schedule. It picks up in Schedule 3 starting at Line 48, which reports non-refundable credits (such as child and dependent care expenses and education credits)

I've attached a blank Schedule 2 so you can see what's included on those lines.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristieB

Yes, that's normal. That range you gave (Lines 38-47) is Schedule 2, and reports tax such as the Alternative Minimum Tax. If you did not have any of these items to report, your completed tax return won't contain that schedule. It picks up in Schedule 3 starting at Line 48, which reports non-refundable credits (such as child and dependent care expenses and education credits)

I've attached a blank Schedule 2 so you can see what's included on those lines.

resee101

But why is line 37 omitted which contains the AGI?
ChristieB

There have been some changes to the Form 1040 and your AGI for 2018 will now appear on Line 7
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies