turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my wages and had a refund of 1400 dollars I filed 5000 dollars unemployment with no tax paid and my refund went down to 635?

I filed my wages and had a refund of 1400 dollars I filed a 1099g for 5000 dollars and 0 tax paid my refund went down to 635 is this correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my wages and had a refund of 1400 dollars I filed 5000 dollars unemployment with no tax paid and my refund went down to 635?

Yes it is ... the increased income effected your tax rate & the credits that you were eligible for and on top of that you had no withholding against that extra income. You must report all the income but if you want to see how it effected your return you could print the form 1040 before & after you add that income and review them side by side & line by line. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes it is ... the increased income effected your tax rate & the credits that you were eligible for and on top of that you had no withholding against that extra income. You must report all the income but if you want to see how it effected your return you could print the form 1040 before & after you add that income and review them side by side & line by line. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies