Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a 1099-INT and 1099-MISC as part of class lawsuit. The amount is the same on both forms (BOX 3 for MISC and BOX 1 for INT). Do I enter both forms?

Do I need to enter both forms when filing even though the amount is the same (as well as the PAYERs ID number and the account number)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I received a 1099-INT and 1099-MISC as part of class lawsuit. The amount is the same on both forms (BOX 3 for MISC and BOX 1 for INT). Do I enter both forms?

Yes, if you received two different 1099 forms, then you will need to enter both of the forms.  

(Unless you received notice that one was a corrected 1099 to replace the other one, then you would only enter the corrected one.  See if one has the "corrected" box marked at the top of the form.  Then you will want to contact the issuer of the 1099 forms for an explanation.)  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

Yes, if you received two different 1099 forms, then you will need to enter both of the forms.  

(Unless you received notice that one was a corrected 1099 to replace the other one, then you would only enter the corrected one.  See if one has the "corrected" box marked at the top of the form.  Then you will want to contact the issuer of the 1099 forms for an explanation.)  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies