turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I completed and paid for my taxes, selected mail to file. Can I make handwritten edits to my printed 1040A tax information before I mail them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I completed and paid for my taxes, selected mail to file. Can I make handwritten edits to my printed 1040A tax information before I mail them?

Yes.  If you are going to mail your return, you can make manual changes to the forms you printed out.  What you mail is what the IRS will process, not what's in your TurboTax account.  If you do make changes be sure to also change any other calculations that include the amount you are changing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Yes.  If you are going to mail your return, you can make manual changes to the forms you printed out.  What you mail is what the IRS will process, not what's in your TurboTax account.  If you do make changes be sure to also change any other calculations that include the amount you are changing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies