turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I do not understand what lump-sum payments mean. it asked us that we did or did not receive lump sum payments in 2017. Does that mean we paid $$ to IRS in 2017?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I do not understand what lump-sum payments mean. it asked us that we did or did not receive lump sum payments in 2017. Does that mean we paid $$ to IRS in 2017?

Lump sum payments question is related to retirement distrbutions.

The two choices generally are:

monthly checks

or a lump sum (cashing it all on). 

I still have SSDI benefits.  So I am supposed to say yes I receive lump sump social security  payments, right?

do you get monthly payments?  If so, then you would answer No to lump sum, unless you were paid a lump sum for back amounts.

I have another question.  We cannot afford to pay the full amount of owe to state and federal.  Can we make monthly payment installments to both?

Yes, but #1 file timely and #2 pay what you can with the returns, and then when you get a bill you can call them or hopefully pay it all off.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies