turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I file somewhere else since I haven't printed and mailed my turbotax forms

I have decided I need help from a professional. I have filled the forms out on turbotax but did not print, e-file or mail them.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, as long as you haven't hit the "transmit" button in the last step of the e-file page or actually printed and mailed your forms, then you have not filed with TurboTax.  So, you are free to seek professional assistance in preparing your return this year. 

You can clear your forms by going to My Account > Clear and Start Over - but, if you have gone too far in the program, you may not be able to clear anymore.  If that is the case, you can just ignore your return on TurboTax.  It will be cleared automatically at the end of the tax season and will never be sent.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes, as long as you haven't hit the "transmit" button in the last step of the e-file page or actually printed and mailed your forms, then you have not filed with TurboTax.  So, you are free to seek professional assistance in preparing your return this year. 

You can clear your forms by going to My Account > Clear and Start Over - but, if you have gone too far in the program, you may not be able to clear anymore.  If that is the case, you can just ignore your return on TurboTax.  It will be cleared automatically at the end of the tax season and will never be sent.

Hros

What if you payed TurboTax but not file them. Can you get a refund and go somewhere else?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies