Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

.y w2 from my employer was wrong

2 Replies
Level 15

.y w2 from my employer was wrong

there is nothing TT can do. contact your employer to correct it. if they refuse use form 4852. 


 Purpose of form. Form 4852 serves as a substitute for Forms W-2,
W-2c, and 1099-R (original or corrected) and is completed by you or
your representatives when (a) your employer or payer doesn’t issue you
a Form W-2 or Form 1099-R, or (b) an employer or payer has issued an
incorrect Form W-2 or Form 1099-R. Attach this form to the back of
your income tax return before any supporting forms or schedules.
You should always attempt to get your Form W-2, Form W-2c, or
Form 1099-R (original or corrected) from your employer or payer before
contacting the IRS or filing Form 4852. If you don’t receive the missing
or corrected form from your employer or payer by the end of February,
you may call the IRS at 800-829-1040 for assistance. You must provide
your name, address (including ZIP code), phone number, social security
number, and dates of employment. You must also provide your
employer’s or payer’s name, address (including ZIP code), and phone
number. The IRS will contact your employer or payer and request the
missing form. The IRS will also send you a Form 4852. If you don’t
receive the missing form in sufficient time to file your income tax return
timely, you may use the Form 4852 that the IRS sent you.

Not applicable

.y w2 from my employer was wrong

Here is some information from the IRS regarding if you received an incorrect W-2.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings