turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

glasj2002

Anyone else getting an error on saving a new return with Deluxe 2017? I am a long time user and have not encountered this previously

I click Save As or Save (neither works).  I have the default filename and I am pointing to an existing folder.  I get the error 'File not found' 'Check the filename and try again'.    This message doesn't even make sense since I am saving a new file.  I work in IT so I am very familiar with computers.  

This seems to be a bug.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Anyone else getting an error on saving a new return with Deluxe 2017? I am a long time user and have not encountered this previously

I assume your program is up to date ?

Some reason you are not using the TurboTax program default Save location of Documents>TurboTax ?

What if you try saving it to a higher level?  Maybe it's too many levels down?  There was another win10 user having the same problem.  I added your post to the moderator.

anything unusual about that disk? Like a solid state drive
....or dynamic system memory ? (I forget what they call it exactly, but that caused problems one year).

Could also try saving the file to your desktop as a temporary test and see what happens.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
glasj2002

Figured it out - sorry to bother everyone.  It was Windows Defender.  I made a setting change and it worked without issue.  Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Would you kindly let us know the exact change to Defender's settings? This may help others in the future.

Solved

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies