J112

With which state do I file the 1099 for a contractor who worked in a different state than my company?

My company (LLC) is based in Pennsylvania.  This year, I contracted with several contractors to provide services to me; each of them did their work in the state where they live, not Pennsylvania.  (Maryland, California, and Virginia).  Beyond filing the federal 1099, what do I need to do for state filing?  And is the state filing to Pennsylvania or to their states?

LeeM

The states in the attached snippet with "asterisks" require state filings. You would need to contact the individual State Departments of Revenue listed below to see what the requirement dollar limit is or to which state to send them.