turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to prepare my sons taxes as I have done in previous years but y'all wont give me the starting point - I already paid for "Premier" so don't believe I should be ch

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I want to prepare my sons taxes as I have done in previous years but y'all wont give me the starting point - I already paid for "Premier" so don't believe I should be ch

With TurboTax Online you have to use a separate user ID, and pay separately, for each return. You cannot prepare your son's tax return with the same user ID that you used for your own return.

See the FAQ at the following link for instructions to start another tax return with a new user ID.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online

You may have used the CD or download TurboTax software in previous years. That's usually less expensive when you have to file multiple returns. You pay for the software once and you can use it for multiple returns. There is an additional charge for each state e-file, but it still usually works out to be less expensive. The CD or download software also has features that are not available in TurboTax Online. The most significant feature is forms mode, which lets you look at the forms while you are working on the tax return, and even make entries directly on the forms.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

With TurboTax Online you have to use a separate user ID, and pay separately, for each return. You cannot prepare your son's tax return with the same user ID that you used for your own return.

See the FAQ at the following link for instructions to start another tax return with a new user ID.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-online

You may have used the CD or download TurboTax software in previous years. That's usually less expensive when you have to file multiple returns. You pay for the software once and you can use it for multiple returns. There is an additional charge for each state e-file, but it still usually works out to be less expensive. The CD or download software also has features that are not available in TurboTax Online. The most significant feature is forms mode, which lets you look at the forms while you are working on the tax return, and even make entries directly on the forms.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies